Open doors at salons across the globe with the internationally-recognised RUSH Foundation Diploma. This 24-week course covers cutting, colouring, finishing and styling, for those wanting to gain a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the craft, and develop into confident, all-round hairdressers. For those that complete the Diploma, there will be the opportunity to become a RUSH stylist.
This course is designed for anyone serious about becoming a successful hairdresser. It would also be ideal for those who have taken a significant break from the world of hairdressing and want to ensure their skills and knowledge are up-to-date and on a par with the industry’s top professionals.
The Diploma is UK accredited and recognised world-wide, thanks to the incredible reputation of the RUSH brand and its teams.
Throughout the 24 weeks, our leading team of educators will guide you through every element of the craft of hairdressing, building a foundation of essential theory, while ensuring you have all the practical experience necessary to start work in a salon. Hands-on experience will be at the core of the Diploma, both on mannequin heads and live models, and you’ll get the chance to work in a real salon environment for a genuine hairdresser/client experience.
What do I need to bring?
RUSH will supply you with all the equipment you will need for this course as part of the fee. Your complimentary kitbag will include:
• Section Clips
• Water Spray
• Equipment bag
• Educational Manuals
What will I Learn?
There are five elements to the course.
Element 1 — The Salon Journey
• The foundations of what it takes to become an accomplished hairdresser.
• The importance of essential classic techniques to form the basis of precision haircutting and styling.
• Effective communication and why it is vital.
• The salon spa: cleansing, conditioning and massage.
• Styling: blow-drying, setting, plaiting, finger waves and hair-up.
• Scissor craft: the importance of choosing the right tools and how to use them.
• The science of hair: What is hair actually made from and how is it constructed.
• Cutting: the principles of cutting one length.
Element 2 — Further principles of cutting
• A continuation of the foundational process and technical haircutting.
• A detailed breakdown of each cut through demonstrations and hands-on experience in a workshop setting.
• Product knowledge and understanding.
• The foundations of cutting hair, developing and using a strong technique.
• The technical theory behind professional haircutting.
• Continuation of blow-drying techniques and how to create different looks using various methods.
• Work sessions on hairdressing skills to complete a look.
• Developing the use of products to support the looks created.
• Consideration of colour to complement the haircut.
Element 3 — Men’s Hairdressing
• A progression into the technical haircutting essential for men’s hairdressing.
• Beginning the exploration of colour foundation.
• The foundations and principles of cutting and styling men’s hair.
• Clipper work.
• Scissor over comb.
• Developing men’s hairdressing.
• Colour knowledge and shade selection.
Element 4 — Colour
• Building on colour foundation through the theory and application of varied techniques ranging from global colour to dimensional colouring.
• Colour theory, knowledge and shade selection.
• Types of colour, hair analysis, permanent colour, highlighting, Balayage and freehand techniques.
• Demonstrations and hands-on experience in a workshop setting.
Element 5 – The Reality of Salon Hairdressing
• Workshop experience combining the skills learnt in a way that supports the building of a salon clientele.
• Cut and colour.
• Working in the salon, running a column.
• Final week, exams and presentation.
Each element of the course is designed to gradually and organically develop your skills and knowledge, with each level designed to complement the next. The structure of the course offers a natural progression that will result in you completing the Diploma a fully trained hairdresser, ready to work in a professional salon environment.
Who is this course for?
Anyone interested in becoming a professional hairdresser. No previous experience is necessary, although some knowledge is an advantage. This course will equip you with the skill and knowledge to begin your career journey, which in the world of hairdressing can be varied and exciting.
Your enthusiasm and passion are key ingredients.
- Additional Information
Duration 24 weeks Location Covent Garden Start Date 11 Feb 2019 End Date 2 Aug 2019